This is a Quick-Fix Pantry Curry Udon packed full of FLAVA. Toss this on the stove when you’re either just too busy, have a sudden midnight noodle craving (but something slightly healthier than instant ramen), or realized some things in your pantry, fridge or freezer could be going kaputz soon. Just like making a regular pot o’curry the ingredients can be adjusted to what you have on hand or dress it up however you want!
Using Bokksu Market: Hakubaku Organic Udon Noodles, S&B Golden Curry Sauce Mix: Mild, Tono Negi Nori Dry Scallion & Seaweed Flakes, Yamahide Tenkasu Tempura Flakes. Optional: S&B Rayu Chili Oil with Crunchy Garlic.
1 Serving Ingredient List
1 bundle Hakubaku Organic Udon Noodles
2 cubes S&B Golden Curry Sauce Mix: Mild
¼ carrot, peeled and cut into thin slices
1 egg, hardboiled and cut in half
3 tablespoons Tono Negi Nori Dry Scallion & Seaweed Flakes
3 tablespoons Yamahide Tenkasu Tempura Flakes
600ml water or chicken stock
Optional: S&B Rayu Chili Oil with Crunchy Garlic
1. Heat 600ml water or chicken stock over a stove. Drop in 2 cubes of curry mix and bring to a simmer. (note: adjust curry cubes to own preference)
2. Peel and cut ¼ carrot into thin slices and place into the simmering pot. (Optional: add potatoes, but remember to slice thin and add along with carrots for longer cooking time. Other green vegetables can be quickly added in at the end.)
3. Simmer for 30-40mins till the carrots soften and the soup is thickened. Turn off the fire and set aside.
4. Start a new pot with fresh water. Let it come to a boil and add in the udon noodles. Cook per packet instructions (4mins.)
5. Strain noodles once finished and quickly rinse with cold water.
6. In a bowl, ladle some curry stock in and place the noodles in the bowl.
7. Ladle the remaining curry stock and carrots. Garnish with hardboiled egg, Negi Nori Dry Scallion & Seaweed Flakes, Tempura Flakes, and optional to add Rayu Chili Oil with Crunchy Garlic.
8. Slurp Away!
By Cat Yeh